The consortium led by Ecorys Polska was awarded the project “Tourism Marketing, Promotion, Online Coverage and Destination Management for Kakheti and Imereti Regions in Georgia”. The current project is part of a multi-million World Bank support to economic development of Georgia, provided through Regional Development Projects.
The World Bank has been in active collaboration with the Georgian government to support the increased contribution of tourism to the local economy through Regional Development Projects (RDP), the first two being aimed at tourism development in Kakheti (RDP I) and Imereti (RDP II) regions.
The objectives of the current assignment are as follows:
- Design an overall tourism marketing, branding and promotional strategy and action plan for Georgia
- In line with the above Tourism Marketing, Branding and Promotion Strategy for Georgia and based on existing Imereti Strategic and Operational Marketing Plan, develop a branding strategy for Imereti, which will define brand identity, image and positioning of the region
- In line with the above Tourism Marketing, Branding and Promotion Strategy for Georgia, develop marketing and promotion strategy and relevant action plan for Kakheti region
- Improve the tourism competitiveness, market positioning and brand awareness of the Kakheti region by upgrading the kakheti.travel website and turning it into world-class interactive portal; Create similar online portal for Imereti region
- Support the development of sustainable Destination Management Offices (DMO) in Kakheti and Imereti regions. Furthermore, define all relevant responsibilities in order to insure secure and successful operation of the aforementioned organizations
- Supplement GNTA’s ongoing and planned marketing and promotion efforts through online means, related to raising awareness about Georgia’s tourism destinations, including Kakheti and Imereti regions
The project is expected to be completed by the end of October 2018. The project is implemented in partnership with Best Place – European Place Marketing Institute (Poland), Policy and Management Consulting Group – PMCG (Georgia).
More information: Elena Diaconu (firstname.lastname@example.org)