On behalf of the European Commission Delegation to Azerbaijan - together with our local partner, the Azerbaijan Risk Professionals Association - we have carried out a project whose main objective was to assist the Azerbaijani government in fulfilling its obligations under the Partnership and Cooperation Agreement, the European Neighborhood Policy Action Plan and the Eastern Partnership. The project activities were carried out from May 2014 to April 2017.
As part of the contract, we supported the Government of Azerbaijan in its efforts to effectively develop, implement and raise awareness about institutional development, funded by the European Union (especially Twinning / TAIEX / SIGMA / CIB, grants).
The following activities have been carried out within the project:
- Build capacity of the Programme Administration Office, like ministries and other public bodies so that they can benefit from and manage Twinning, TAIEX and SIGMA instruments independently.
- Provide support to the Programme Administration Office in identification and formulation of projects which included: identification of institution building needs to ensure relevant interventions.
- Support the Programme Administration Office in monitoring and evaluation of on-going institution building activities.
- Support the Programme Administration Office by raising visibility of institution building activities in Azerbaijan.
- Support the oversight process of the institution capacity building.