The International Research Team (IRT) currently seeks a highly-motivated consultant with research passion to develop our portfolio for different EU and European institutions as well as different international and national clients (e.g. the EU (agencies), OECD, UNICEF, ministries, NGOs).
The IRT plans and implements research and evaluation projects. We are looking for a consultant that could expand the scope of the policy areas we deal with. Therefore, freedom is provided and highly encouraged to find and work on projects in policy areas of the consultancy’s choice. Policy areas we are involved in currently are: labour market, migration, social inclusion (in particular: gender equality, children and minority rights), education, good governance, civil society and health. We are occasionally also involved in other policy areas (e.g. security, agriculture).
- Prepare and win the tenders for the European, international and national clients;
- Develop research methodologies, undertake high-quality research and prepare research reports for European, international and national clients;
- Develop expertise within the company on a wide array of policy areas, including those of interests to the applicant and contribute to the development of our market strategies in these;
- Manage project teams and subcontractors, taking responsibility for meeting client needs within quality, time and budget constraints;
- Build and maintain relationships with a range of key clients and stakeholder/partner organizations, including academics, NGOs and other actors.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong academic background: Master’s or equivalent in law, economics, sociology, public policy, politics or a related discipline a minimum, PhD studies (ongoing or finished) a plus;
- Expertise in one or more EU policy areas (not limited to those that our team is currently focused on);
- Considerable relevant professional experience in the field of public policy research – in consultancy, academia, public administration or social partners; experience in evaluating public policies desirable, experience at an European or international organization a plus;
- Experience in writing and developing research proposals, experience in writing tenders and/or grant proposals for EU and international funding opportunities highly desirable;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop sound conclusions and policy-relevant recommendations; knowledge and experience in designing qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and implementation of research and evaluations;
- Excellent (C2) English academic writing skills (candidates are asked to provide their publications and/or academic works); knowledge of other languages an advantage;
- Pro-active, able to self-manage and eager to take initiative in business acquisition.
- Permanent full-time or part-time employment contract;
- Benefit package;
- Challenging job in a professional and multinational environment;
- Personal growth opportunities in a growing company;
- Opportunity to gain skills, knowledge and experience, together with other policy specialists;
- Freedom: we highly value, encourage and support that you take initiative and lead application processes for projects in policy areas of choice;
If you are interested in the above described position please send your CV, a short pen profile of maximum half a page and a list of projects/publications to firstname.lastname@example.org, with information in the subject: "Senior/Lead Consultant in IRT" before 30th April 2018 preferably.
We encourage you to apply and join our team.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.